Responsibility for Service
Questions sometimes arise as to who is responsible for the maintenance of the water service facilities at your property.
Your water District provides and is responsible for the following:
- The connection to the water main at the street.
- The service line from the main to the inlet side shut off valve (curb stop or angle stop).
- The water meter, water meter box and the outlet side meter coupling.
The customer is responsible for the following:
- The connection at the District’s outlet side meter coupling.
- The customer's service line to the house.
- The house valve.
- All plumbing fixtures both inside and outside the house.
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Utility Regulation §291.86.2 (B) requires that customers maintain their service lines in good condition so that the utility may perform routine service and maintenance work.